Sunday, March 12, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of March 6

This week we focused on Standards 4.4, 4.5, and 4.6 which was mainly mitosis/meiosis. This is something that we covered pretty well in bio before, so I think I had a strong foundation to build off of and was pretty much doing review, which made it easier to feel solid on the information. Meiosis and mitosis are pretty straightforward, I just need to put a little more time into memorizing exactly what goes on in each phase. The diploid/haploid thing also is always a little confusing for me; I think I overthink it and second guess myself because it’s a bit counterintuitive at times. I was out for a few days this week, so I had to take some time out of class and make sure that I was understanding the information. I think doing the click and learn helped me with the mutations/cancer stuff, but predicting the effects of certain mutations on cells was sort of difficult for me. Reading the textbook helped make me feel more comfortable with everything, so even though I was out I still feel pretty good with the new information. This coming week to review for the exam I’ll definitely go back through the vodcasts over all the information, and will make sure to put more time into information/concepts I’m struggling with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment