Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of 2/27


This week we did the PCR lab! I think this lab went well, and even though my band didn’t show up at the end it was a great experience to be able to see PCR in action. Biotechnology is one of the reasons that I think bio is such a cool field, and it’s been nice to get into a little bit of the specific types of biotechnology and how they’re being used. I think I understand PCR well as a result of the lab, since I was able to see how every step we did contributed to the end result, and how even a small difference can totally throw everything off. Overall I think I understood the biotechnology stuff well, although I think that I could put a little bit more time into studying going forward. Just doing simple stuff like making time to read the textbook or review my notes thoroughly will help me get a good handle on the new information, and over this next week I’ll try to do that.
This week we also talked about viruses a little bit (Domain 4.3). I’m a little more familiar with the virus information, so it was easier for me to relearn and I think I have a good understanding of it. However, I’ll also be sure to read the relevant textbook sections this week on Domain 4.3 and for whatever new information we start on. To improve over this need week I’ll keep track of everything that I need to be doing and make sure that I’m prepared for class every day, and I’ll put time into any areas that I’m having trouble with.

No comments:

Post a Comment